Friday 19 August 2011

Dark day in Belgium

Today no post about fashion 'cause that feels kinda wrong so a little post about what happened at the pukkelpop festival yesterday. A huge storm killed 5 people and several others are injured. It's scary to know I could have been there too but because I had to work I didn't go there. The 'positive' side of the story is a few hours after the storm twitter became a platform to offer help and find missing people. We don't have a government, we can't play soccer but we do know what solidarity is! I'm proud to be a Belgian! And now you can call me corny or whatever for this post but it feels better that way. Anyway, my thoughts go out to everyone who has been there and the family and friends of the victims :)

6 comments:

  1. Het is idd erg.Een kennis van me en haar vriendje zijn daar gestorven.Het kwam zelfs op het nieuws.Echt een donkere dag.
    I hope all your friends that were there are safe! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was hell..
    Been in the middle of it, it was crazy.
    Everyone asks are you okay, yeah im fine, bu if you'd see all those memories stuck in my head.. chaos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ik kan nog steeds niet vatten wat er daar gebeurd is. Op het moment van de storm zat ik net op de camping, in de tent gesprongen en de tent serieus moeten tegenhouden. Op dat moment wisten we niet dat het zo'n ravage zou worden. We hebben onze spullen gepakt en die avond zelf nog vertrokken. Nadien toen we de beelden zagen waren we geshockeerd. Het had niet mogen zijn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard about that from the news. I'm so sorry! #PrayForBelgium

    http://destinationmoi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. De solidariteit maakte me trots om Limburger en Hasselaar te zijn! Tis gewoon zo zot dat zo'n dingen hier kunnen gebeuren, dat niemand en controle over heeft, en dat er vooral niemand schuldig aan is. Ben de dag erna nog gaan helpen opruimen op de wei, en het was alsof ik in een spookstad rondliep. Ik wens iedereen die er van dichtbij of veraf bij betrokken was rust en vrede in hun hoofden, het is niet makkelijk te verwerken.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the colour of your jeans :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! ♥

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.